Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Proof That I Am the Best Mom In the World

My kids love popsicles; love them! I hate them: they stain, they are sticky, and they never stay on the stick. I have tried to convince them that popsicles are a warm weather food that should only be enjoyed where they can be followed by a serious hosing. However, this week, after much begging and pleading from my four loud and persistent children, I purchased popsicles, allowed them enjoy their treat in the kitchen, and resisted the urge to chase them with a warm, wet rag.

Alec, who has recently begun guitar lessons, is determined to master power cords in record time. When he asks me to listen to him play his cords one more time, I smile and listen with the patience of Job, although I am sure he could not have noticeably improved within the last 3 minutes.

This week I purchased the much coveted 2 pack of sparklie panties for Madison and Ashlyn instead of the bland, economical 6 pack I usually get.

When Caedon unabashedly shared with me that he has found the girl he is going to marry when he is old enough I resisted the urge to laugh and just shared in his joy.

Against all natual inclination, I put down the book I was reading and read to my daughter when she asked me to.

And, as if you needed any more evidence, my 6 year old daughter has officially declared me to be "the Best Mom in the World".


1 comment:

Jayme said...

Now that's a great post! I only hope that your children don't read your blog. It may disclose your secret dilike for popsicles and entice your son into joining a straight-edge punk band.