Tuesday, May 15, 2007

When I Grow Up...

A few years ago, I went back to school to study Nursing. I became a CNA and began working part-time. After a year or so, family and personal commitments required me to put my schooling and working on hold.

I still long to be in school, but I have found a way for me to keep up my medical field study, for the time being, by taking a Medical Transcriptioning course. My goal is to complete the course by next fall -- when Ashlyn will be in school full-time -- and begin working working from home transcribing medical dictation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK...not just a response to this post but to few others as well. :)
Good for you - I have know a number of moms who do medical transcribing. They love the flexibility of working when kids are at school and being there for illness, volunteering in class, yoga class :)
I agree about reading. Feeling a part of the book, knowing the characters is my favorite part of reading. I hate to know a friend but never hear from them again.

Finally...you are a wonderful mom! I am glad my nephews and neoces have you for a mom and my brother chose you for his wife. I am so happy you are my sister in law!
xoxox
Kjersten

Katie said...

That's awesome Chantalle. I've heard medical transcribing is great. I heard a man the other day who works in a hospital say that his wife knows more about medical terminology than he does from transcribing. I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

The medical terminology will help you out with your future aspirations. You have a lot to give and will suceed no matter what you do.

Keep up the good work. We love you.
Mom Errington